CMHA Winnipeg Region Services:
- Rights Consultation
- Information and Referral Service
- Rehabilitation & Recovery Service
- Educating Yourself and Others
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Youth Services
The following are projects and initiatives that the CMHA Winnipeg Region has either initiated or has partnered with other organizations on.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR): MBSR is an approach to self-care that will help one to deal with stress, pain and illness. The techniques that are taught help people learn to focus awareness on body sensations, thoughts, and emotions in a nonjudgmental way. The CMHA Winnipeg Region offers MBSR courses. For more information visit our MBSR page.
The Canadian Mental Health Association – Winnipeg Region in partnership with the Public Interest Law Centre of Legal Aid Manitoba have been engaged by the Mental Health Commission of Canada’s (MHCC) Mental Health and the Law Advisory Committee to conduct research related to mental health, human rights, and relevant law, policies, and service standards. One of the Committee’s mandates is to examine Canada’s legal framework as it relates to persons with mental illness, including legislation, regulations, and policies. The Committee has identified the need for evaluative tools to analyze the extent to which existing Canadian law acknowledges and protects the human rights of people experiencing mental health issues. Click here to access more information on this project. Participants of the project developed a Photovoice presentation that can be accessed here.
Mental Health Education for Families is a six week course offered by the CMHA Winnipeg Region that informs families about important issues concerning mental illness and recovery. Click here to visit our Family Education webpage.
- The Change Toolbox is a compilation of tools that can be used to reduce any behaviour that is causing an individual difficulties in their life. (i.e. substance use, gambling, smoking, addictive behaviours, self-defeating behaviours in relationships, anger, self-management, etc.) The tools are organized and developed according to the Stages of Change. Click here for more information on The Change Toolbox and for information on how to order.
- Click here to access the current listing of Winnipeg based Mental Health Workshops and Support Groups.